Our network is recognised as a leading integrated healthcare delivery service provider. The healthcare verticals of our network primarily comprise hospitals, diagnostics and other specialty facilities. Currently, we deliver healthcare delivery services in 43 healthcare facilities with approximately 9,000 potential beds and over 400 diagnostics centres. These facilities are staffed by over 17,000 clinicians and specialists many with long term training and accreditations in North America, Australasia, Asia and Europe. With an impressive network of "super specialty hospitals" and a foothold in three continents, the network provides access to world leading hospitals, clinicians and diagnostic services.
The hospital network has many international accreditations including Joint Commission International (JCI) Accreditation. This is considered a Gold Seal in Patient Safety.
Many clinical breakthroughs have been achieved. These have been widely reported in international media including CNN and BBC.
In a global study of the 30 most technologically advanced hospitals in the world, our network flagship facility, was ranked No.2, by Topmasters In Healthcare and placed ahead of many other outstanding medical institutions in the world including Johns Hopkins.
We follow a rigorous process for international admissions to deliver the highest quality in patient safety and outcome.
Our Process for each international admission
- Once the patient’s line of treatment is approved we will make sure that all the required documentation is completed for seamless border crossing.
- Airline Booking.
- Airline Medical Clearance.
- Visa requirements.
- On your patient’s arrival meet at aircraft door and transported for direct hospital admission.
- Regular updates are sent to relevant referring department.
- Post Discharge Hotel Arrangements within 5 km radius of hospital. Hotel staff are aware of your patient’s needs and the relevant contact details for local hospital staff if required.
- Medication, discharge summary and fit to travel certificate handed over to patient.
- Airline Clearance obtained.
- Airline acceptance of patient fit for travel status.
- Patient Transport and flight to home country confirmed.
- Relevant department is informed of patient departure and eta.